Today I painted the track. My main objective was to paint the ME flextrack ties to get rid of the shiny plastic look. I started out with that, spraying both ties and rails with grimy black. The latter was not really necessary since the track came pre-weathred, but it is hard (at least for me) to spray the ties without getting anything on the rails.
I had not intended to spray the unweathered siding rails, since that would probably ruin my newly done tie weathering. But it struck me that I did not really bother, since spraying the siding rails would be that much easier than hand-painting them later. So I did the siding as well. Here is a picture.