Some more progress on my turnout. The diverging stock rail and the guard rails are in place. As you perhaps might see there is a small kink on the stock rail, at the position of the points. That kink is there to make room for the point on the diverging rail so that the wheel flanges shall not catch it.
Otherwise there is not much to say about this step, except for the usual: Using the track gauge to ensure that all tolerances are meet.
The next, and last, step of the actual construction is to install the closure rails and make the switch itself work. Normally you simply file the ends of the closure rails into sharp points, by removing most of the rail heads (on both sides) and the rail bases (on the stock rail side). Also, it is common procedure to remove some of the stock rail head and base, so that the points can really creep up close along the stock rail.
Following the Proto87 practice I opted to follow another route. Those guys do it in a more prototypical way, so I decied to test this approach i N scale. This means no filing of the stock rails and a more intricate filing of the points. In real life the stock rail would collapse under the weight of a train if parts of the rail head or base was removed. When it comes to the points they are to be "undercut" so that they can slide up onto the base of the stock rail. Since I did not fully understand how that was done I decided to buy pre-filed point rails from the Proto87 Store. I also ordered a more delicate throwbar, to be used instead of the usual Printed Circuit (PC) board tie. This stuff has not yet arrived, so construction will take a pause until it does.
To be honest, I am a little concerned about this last step. I am not sure if it will actually work, and poorly operating points will make the complete turnout virtually useless. Well, in a near future we will see whether it works or not.