You might think that activity on my layout has come to a complete stop. But it has not, even if progress right now is (really) slow. Anyway, I have started to shape the hillsides on the far side of the mainline. Here is a photo of the hills around tunnel #15.
The general shape is still a little to "roundish". I need to get the hacksaw out and reshape the hill-top to the right. But you can begin to get a feeling of the correct relative smallness of the train, compared to the surrounding hills.
Apart from scenery I have been struggling with a pair of Atlas U25B engines. When I bought these engines (over a year ago) I fitted them with TCS M4 decoders, but never got the chance to really break them in. When I now tried to do that they hardly moved at all. But if I got them to creep forward they would eventually pick up speed. When left unused for a few days or a week it was the same thing again. I disassembled both of them and put them together again and tried a whole lot of things. In the end the only thing I really did was to solder the motor wires directly to the motor contacts on one of the engines. I had earlier only soldered the decoder wires to the original PC board, resusing the original contacts. After this change the modified engine runs OK. So I guess I need to try the same thing on the other one.
Another thing in the coming is the arrival of some search light signals I ordered from Scale Model Divisions. More on that when the signals arrive, which sould be this week or the next.